No matter what the circumstance, divorce can be one of the most difficult and painful events in a family's life. It is important to understand that divorcing parents need to work together for years to come, particularly when children are involved. In order to achieve resolutions that endure in terms of economic and emotional health, it is critical to make informed decisions — partnering with a dedicated attorney can provide the necessary guidance.
With more than three decades of family law experience, we at Fabio & Merrill are dedicated to putting our experience and comprehensive knowledge to work on your unique family law issues to arrive at the best possible solutions.
Our family law attorney, Thea M. Fabio, has tried hundreds of jury and nonjury cases in the family law area, and has achieved substantial competency and understanding of complex property divisions and high-conflict custody cases. She is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization with a Martindale-Hubbell AV rating,* and clients can trust that her approach is of the highest ethical standard. We are committed to helping our clients:
- Understand precisely what's taking place
- Completely understand the available options
- Pursue creative solutions
- Resolve issues as economically and amicably as possible through settlement and negotiation
- Examine all alternatives to litigation but advocate aggressively when alternatives are exhausted
- Foster open, honest and assertive communication
Along with her partner, Richard L. Merrill, who practices in the area of real estate, probate and commercial litigation, Thea M. Fabio at unique family law issues provides a broad range of services that complement each other.
Throughout the process, we offer honest, realistic and unbiased representation. We work with our clients as a team and know that it is only with this deliberate and honest approach that we can truly arrive at effective and long-lasting resolutions. We respond to communications quickly and are accessible to our clients. If you have questions about Texas divorce issues, we look forward to speaking with you.
Our office is centrally located just north of 59 inside the 610 loop.
To discuss any aspect of Texas divorce or family law with our Houston family lawyer, call 713-581-9021 or e-mail us.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.